Question

Will I or the sender be charged for receiving a text abroad (Asia)

• 27 November 2019
  • 3 replies

I am travelling to Asia next week and am expecting my GP to send me a text message with some information. 

1. Will my GP be able to successfully send me a text message from the UK whilst I am in Asia and would they incur a charge?
  2. Will I be able to receive a text message from the UK whilst in Asia and would I incur a charge?

Also if I remove my SIM and put it in my phone to check if I have receive the message, will the message appear?

I appreciate the advice :)

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ideanoo,

When you are abroad, people within the UK will not be charged to send you a SMS message and you will not be charged either.  You will be charged for using data, listening to voicemail messages, sending SMS messages, making calls and receiving calls.

As long as you activate the roaming services within your iD Mobile online account before you leave, it will work just fine. :)

Ryan

Hi @ideanoo,

When you are abroad, people within the UK will not be charged to send you a SMS message and you will not be charged either.  You will be charged for using data, listening to voicemail messages, sending SMS messages, making calls and receiving calls.

As long as you activate the roaming services within your iD Mobile online account before you leave, it will work just fine. :)

Ryan

Thank you for your response. 

If I remove my SIM and somebody texts me, will I receive their message still once I have reentered the SIM into my device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ideanoo 

If your SIM is removed from the device and a text is sent, you'll get that text delivered once you’re reconnected to the network.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?