Solved

Your SIM card does not allow connection to this network.

• 7 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Roaming in Ireland. Where I'm staying has only Vodaphone IE available. When I try to connect I get the message ‘Your SIM card does not allow connection to this network. ‘ Phone is Galaxy A70. Can connect to other networks when I travel a mile or so. My work phone connects OK also Galaxy A70 but on EE. Two other family members using ID are having similar issues. Need to get this resolved as having no connection from holiday home is not viable going forward. Hopefully someone can help.

IH

icon

Best answer by Kevin 9 August 2020, 15:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Ctlaltdel 

With roaming in Ireland.  You would need to be connected to the Three network (3 IRL).

Whilst connected to them you should be able to roam fine with all services.  

If your phone is automatically trying to connect to Vodafone whilst out there, then please try manually selecting Three within your network settings.

OK so as I said in original post Vodaphone IE is only available network where I have my holiday home. I take it then that my only option is to move away from ID to another network provider to be able to raom via Vodaphone IE. Is this correct?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ctlaltdel,

I’m afraid that the network may not be available in that part of Ireland based on your findings so we would not be able to guarantee the use of our network whilst roaming in that particular location.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?