Solved

Broken Contract Iphone 6s

• 30 June 2020
  • 3 replies

In the last month or so my contract phone has started to overheat while using wi-fi or receiving or making calls.

It is now unusable, within a few seconds of enabling wi-fi the phone turns burning hot, in some cases emits a high pitch noise and has to be shutdown.

How do i get this replaced?

icon

Best answer by Kevin 21 July 2020, 13:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @rmac,

I’m sorry to hear about your phone issues. Apple has given its iPhones a 12-month warranty, so any repairs to fix the phone after this period would be chargeable.

How long have you had the phone for? If it is under 12-months old, you can take the phone into a Carphone Warehouse store where they can book in the repair under the warranty of the handset.

Alternatively, you can contact Apple directly and ask for them to take in the phone for a warranty repair instead.

Ryan

Hi @rmac,

I’m sorry to hear about your phone issues. Apple has given its iPhones a 12-month warranty, so any repairs to fix the phone after this period would be chargeable.

How long have you had the phone for? If it is under 12-months old, you can take the phone into a Carphone Warehouse store where they can book in the repair under the warranty of the handset.

Alternatively, you can contact Apple directly and ask for them to take in the phone for a warranty repair instead.

Ryan

Hi thank you for your reply

yes the phone is still under 12 months old, what infromation do i have to take to Carphone Warehouse?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @rmac 

Providing the phone is free from any notable physical damage, then you’ll be covered by manufacturer’s warranty still if it’s less than 12-months old.

If you just take the phone into any local Carphone Warehouse you have within a Currys PC World.  They’ll be able to locate your account and get that sent off for a repair for you.  In some cases (availability varies I believe), a loan phone will be provided by them so you can make use of your SIM for the duration of the repair.

Why iD Mobile?