Question

Caller id issues - known numbers

• 19 October 2020
  • 1 reply

My wife, daughter and myself all have the same ID plan on our iPhone 7’s although my wife and I only transferred our numbers over from Virgin a week ago.

All seems fine, however, we are having trouble phoning and texting each other as our caller id’s are not recognised even though the numbers are all in our contacts. This is particularly a worry for my daughter as she is 10 and needs to be able to contact us when walking to/from school - any help?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @bushi 

Could you try the following for us, it sounds like the iPhone hasn’t refreshed again to note that your old numbers have come across.

Could you go to Settings > [Your Profile] > Name, Numbers, Emails
and then ensure within there that the correct number is showing?

You may possibly need to log out of iCloud or Apple ID in order to make the change.

Another method that has worked in the past for others is as follows...
Turn off the iPhone > Take out your SIM
Turn the iPhone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a minute or so.
Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the iPhone > Turn back on.

====

Please can you try to follow these steps to see if it helps with your non-iPhone SMS messages?

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Please mark my answer best message if that helps, if it doesn’t then let us know by reply here and we’ll assist further here.

Why iD Mobile?