Question

Can't activate imessage or facetime

• 4 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, i’ve been with ID Mobile for several years now but a few days ago my imessage and facetime randomly stopped working - i get an error message saying cannot be delivered. I’ve disconnected and reconnected to both apps but now it is saying for my phone number that it can’t be activated? 

I’ve updated to the latest IOS Software, reconnected my network settings and also de-registered from imessage on apple and tried re-activating again. The problem i’m getting is it says waiting for activation for ages and then just says activation unsuccessful. I spoke to Apple and they said they can’t see an issue at their end?

My profiles i.e. apple id, phone number is all correct and i’ve also tried taking out the sim and putting it back in.

I can send regular texts just fine i’m just unable to connect to imessage or facetime.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Supri21 

We are sorry to hear you are unable to send messages through iMessage or Facetime. Can you check to see if you have completed the following steps:

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”.

If this still does not work, please try factory restoring the handset. You can do this by going into settings, reset, erase all content and settings. Please ensure you have an up to date back up to iCloud before doing this. Let us know how you get on.

-Mohsin

Hi @Mohsin I have completed the above steps and imessage still says cannot be activated. It sounds like it’s the number that’s been blocked at your end please can you check?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Supri21 

Sorry to hear the iMessage and Facetime is still not working despite trying the troubleshooting steps. Before we proceed, is the phone on the latest software?

-Mohsin

Yes @Mohsin  it is - ios 14.3

Hello @iD Mobile please can someone help? @Mohsin 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Supri21 

Could you go to Settings > [Your Profile] > Name, Numbers, Emails
and then ensure within there that the correct number is showing?

You may possibly need to log out of iCloud or Apple ID in order to make the change.

Another method that has worked in the past for others is as follows...

Turn off the iPhone > Take out your SIM
Turn the iPhone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a few minutes or so.

Turn off the phone > Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the iPhone

Turn back on.

Let us know once you have tried this.

-Mohsin

Hello @Mohsin yes I have done this and it is still not working.

Why iD Mobile?