Question

Failure to accept PAC code and/or mobile number

• 4 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Trying to keep my old number but when I submit the number and the PAC code I was given I get the message "You entered a wrong PAC code or mobile number.  Please check again and try later.  I've tried this several times over the last few day and keep getting the same message.  

The phone number is right, I've had ot for about 20 years so I know by know and the PAC code is the one I was given by EE.  

Why am I having a problem and what can I do to fix it.  If it's not fixed in the next few days I will send the phone back and cancel the contract.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @JohnF 

Are you using the form below to submit youe PAC code: 

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/

We are sorry to hear your PAC code has not been accepted. Are you able to speak to EE regarding this and get them to Provide you with another PAC code from their back office team?

-Mohsin

Hi,

I’ve checked with EE and they were able to say the port request has been received by 3 who I believe is who iDMobile use.  I don’t understand why iDMobile couldn’t/wouldn’t give me the same information.

Because the phone has arrived and I’m pleased with it, though not with the customer service from Mobiles.co.uk, if the transfer goes ahead I’ll stay with iDMobile.  I cannot afford to lose my number, twenty years of giving it out to an array of people/organisations; legal, medical etc. and I will consider the the contract with iDMobile as ‘Not fit for purpose’ and will cancel it and stay with EE.

I hope it gets sorted out as on the face of it the deal with Mobiles.co.uk and iDMobile looks very good but if they can’t deliver then no matter how low the price the deal is not worth continuing with.

Regards

John

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @JohnF 

We totally understand your concern here. We will send you a Private Message now so can look into this with our Tech Team. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?