Question

Faulty charger

• 26 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I had my upgrade a week ago and it obviously came with a brand new charger. The charger hasnt been moved around and only I have used it and it has already stopped working  ? Is there a possibility I could get a new one ? As a week for a genuine apple charger sounds a bit odd ? 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Robynlloydy,

I am sorry to hear this! The charger should last for at least until the warranty period of the accessory ends, so a week is not right. I will DM you now with how we can help you sort this.

Ryan

Hi

My charger has suddenly stopped working for my Samsung Galaxy A70.

I've not had the phone for a year yet.

The charger hasn't moved and nobody else has access to it.

The lead ends are not like other phones and neither end is USB which I did think bizarre, so you cant use anyones elses charger lead or charger/usb point.

This now makes it very awkward for me, I've continued to work and need 24/7 phone access.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Dave R 

It would be worth contacting Samsung Support UK as they’d be the people to speak to for warranty support whilst some things are still closed due to Covid-19. 

If the lead hasn’t been subject to physical damage through wear and tear, then they may be able to help with a replacement.

I believe it’s a USB-C type charging lead on the Samsung A70, which is a lead most phones released in the past 2-3 leads use currently.

Why iD Mobile?