Solved

How can I get my old contract phone from I'd mobile unlocked. IPhone 7

I have recently upgraded my phone, so want my old IPhone 7 unlocked. Any ideas? Thx
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 21 June 2018, 14:33

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Martyn,

Welcome to the iD Community.

Is this the iPhone 7 from the old contract that is locked to our network?

Or one that is locked to a different network?

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks for confirming this @Martyn,

I'll PM you on how we can get this resolved.

Keep an eye out for this!

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @SIMONWALLACE,

Are you getting any error messages?

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Mohammed

When I put my current sim in to the new IPhone 7 it says sim not supported - the current sim card is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy assigned by the activation server.

Thanks

Simon

Hello @SIMONWALLACE,

You'll get this message when the handset is locked.

This means that the device you have is locked to another mobile network provider and needs to be unlocked from them first before you can use the iD SIM in the handset.

Where did you get this handset from?

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Ryan

Thanks for this. I shall try this, I think (a long time ago and my memory inst as clear as it used to be) that I have gone in to a Vodaphone branch when I got an Iphone 5 and they were very helpful and did it there and then so I will try that. I just hope they don't ask for reference number ect... as my mum is currently out the country with a 8 hour time difference so i don't want to be asking her for information at 2 in the morning. Do you think they will ask?

Cheers

Simon

We're not sure what they would request @SIMONWALLACE

As each network operates differently.

Hopefully they are able to do this without the requirements of a reference number.

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @SIMONWALLACE,

That is strange, the only way that this could have happened is if the phone was already unlocked or if Vodafone unlocked it automatically. For your phone, I would advise that your mum gets in touch with Vodafone to ask for them to unlock the iPhone and then once done, the phone will be unlocked for use with the iD SIM card.

Ryan
Hi, yes it is my old phone on the I'd mobile network.

Thx
HI
I too have recently up graded to an iphone 7 and it wont activate when using my current ID Sim
Can I have some advice on resolving this?
Hi Mohammed

When I put my current sim in to the new IPhone 7 it says sim not supported - the current sim card is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy assigned by the activation server.

Thanks

Simon
HI Mohammed

Thanks for getting back to me.

It was my mums phone she was on vodaphone before hand. My parents both got an upgrade, Strange thing is when my younger brother got my dads phone (the exact same model- again on vodaphone) my brother could just put his sim in and it worked no problem his carrier is 3 and he had an iphone 6 before hand like me too.

Thanks

SImon
Hi Ryan

Thanks for this. I shall try this, I think (a long time ago and my memory inst as clear as it used to be) that I have gone in to a Vodaphone branch when I got an Iphone 5 and they were very helpful and did it there and then so I will try that. I just hope they don't ask for reference number ect... as my mum is currently out the country with a 8 hour time difference so i don't want to be asking her for information at 2 in the morning. Do you think they will ask?

Cheers

Simon

Why iD Mobile?