Question

How do I set my apn setting on my iPhone xs

• 23 February 2019
  • 2 replies

ive been told to set my apn as I'm unable to use my phone abroad. However, I can't get this up in setting. if i put my girlfriends sim in this function appears, when I put mine back in it disappears. How can I set something that's not there?..

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Stickertone

Have you tried using your SIM card in a different phone? Could you try inserting your SIM card to your girlfriend's phone? From what you described I suspect that your SIM has not been activated, has expired or has became faulty. APN settings should be available to be added when you insert your SIM. Are you able to share screen shot of your APN settings with your girlfriend's SIM inserted and then your SIM inserted for comparision ?

Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Stickertone,

Your phone may already be set up for usage abroad. If you find any issues with your device, simply try a manual network search when you go abroad and this will usually download the correct settings for you.

APN settings are only available on certain devices with our SIM card, so this will be why you can't see these options in your phone. If you have any other issues whilst abroad then please let us know.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?