Question

iphone 11 faulty

• 28 March 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

How do I get my phone replaced as have only had it a week the phone has a faulty ear  piece can’t here people talk when phone 

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Hornetsting,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the faulty handset; we will have this sorted for you. Please send us an email where we will take some details in private in order to get the ball rolling.

Just a thought also, some protective covers and screen protectors can hinder the speaker holes so please ensure all of those have been taken off too and then make a test call.

Ryan

Badge +10

@Hornetsting

Bluetooth can be a major cause of most sound issues.

Turn bluetooth off and or discount your bluetooth device - this can fix all known sound issues!

Userlevel 1

I have turn Bluetooth off and reset all settings but when I play music it comes out as Distorted from the top speaker and also can’t hear people talk when they call me 

Badge +10

@Hornetsting

Two final things...

1. try cleaning the speaker carefully with a fine brush (small paint brush).
  2. faulty, take Ryan’s advice as above.
Userlevel 1

Clean it already no screen protector on it plus I only had it for week

Badge +10

@Hornetsting 

You could try plugging in headphones in and out incase something is causing a bad connection, then press gently around the speaker and see if that makes a difference.

Alternatively try a soft reset: (you do not loose any data or settings)

• Press and hold both the Side and Volume Up buttons for a few seconds.
  • Release both buttons when the Slide to Power off bar appears.
  • Swipe or drag the bar to turn your device off.
  • After about 30 seconds, press and hold the Side button and then release when the Apple logo appears.
Userlevel 1

Putting some headphones in and wriggling around a bit seems to have done the trick thank you

Badge +10

@Hornetsting headphone socket was a long shot, glad you fixed it, hopefully that was just one off!

Why iD Mobile?