Solved

iPhone 12 Pro WiFi Calling

• 29 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello all,

I recently purchased an iPhone 12 Pro and have been using my iD sim in it since Friday last week. I’ve just noticed today when at work that WiFi calling isn’t working (I have an office with no phone service at all but gigabit internet).

I’ve had a look through the forum but couldn’t find any posts for the iPhone 12 Pro and WiFi calling. I’ve also followed some troubleshooting, here’s what I’ve tried:

restarting the phone

re inserting the sim 

turning WiFi calling off, restarting the phone, then turning it back on

connecting to different WiFi networks 

Reset Network Settings in the reset menu of iOS

Has iD not added support for the new iPhones or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Jh2418 5 November 2020, 16:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

hi,

I noticed last week when at work that WiFi calling isn’t working on my phone(I have an office with no phone service at all but gigabit internet). I have been using it since the 24th October and today (2nd Nov) it still doesn’t work at home or in my office.

I’ve had a look through the forum but couldn’t find any posts for the iPhone 12 Pro and WiFi calling. I’ve also followed some troubleshooting, here’s what I’ve tried:

restarting the phone

re inserting the sim 

turning WiFi calling off, restarting the phone, then turning it back on

connecting to different WiFi networks 

Reset Network Settings in the reset menu of iOS

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Jh2418 

Have you noticed if WiFi calling works when you’re at home at all? or on any other networks aside from your place of work?

Is your iPhone up-to-date with the latest version of iOS?

Historically we’ve supported all the iPhones released in the last 5 years or so with WiFi calling, so if this is currently not the case already then I’d like to think this should be coming soon, we’ll send an email though to fish for further info here.

Hi @Kevin ,

I don’t appear to have WiFi calling on any network, I have a family member on iD and when connected to the same WiFi network at my home, they have WiFi calling and I don’t (they are using my old iPhone XR)

I’m running iOS 14.1, which appears to be the latest version.

Kind Regards,

James

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi again @Jh2418 

That’s very strange that you’re up to date yet getting nothing at all.

Here’s the word back we’ve had from our Tech Team about it:

This was tested and works on the latest software iOS 14.1

We’ve also just tested it ourselves quickly this evening and it worked for both VoLTE (4G calling) and VoWifi (Wifi calling) and the calls show correctly in our billing systems as E-Wifi/VoLTE depending which service was used.

There is some further testing yet to be carried out by Three over the next 3 weeks but this is a normal process. After that we will add the device to our approved list of VoWifi phones on our website, but the initial testing has been done and no issues have been found.

The customer must make sure they are using the latest software version (14.1), that Wifi calling is switched on (Settings > Mobile Data > Wi-Fi Calling > On), and that he has a good enough WiFi connection where he is.

So essentially the thought is that it should be working fine, although further testing is still going on over the coming weeks still as things stand.

Did you originally get the iPhone 12 Pro from ourselves?  If not were was it your phone was purchased?

Hi @Kevin ,

I bought my phone from my local Apple store.

I can confirm to you that I have a good enough connection and WiFi calling is turned on (images attached)

On the subject of VoLTE, are you able to see on my account if it is working? (i can pm details if you need)

If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Kind Regards,

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jh2418,

Before we send you a Private message to go into further details, can I ask, have you returned to the Apple store to query this? or have you tried an none iD Sim in the handset to see if the WiFi calling works then?

Will

Hi @Will 

I’ve just tried with my partners EE sim and that picked up WiFi calling straight away.

however, very odd but once I re inserted my sim, it now has WiFi calling, so using a different sim must have triggered something (god knows what 😂) but all working now.

thanks to you and @Kevin for your help.

Kind Regards,

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh wow!

That’s really helpful to know!

Cheers for letting us know @Jh2418.

Will

Why iD Mobile?