• 6 replies

My iPhone screen is crack was dropped by mistake 

any advice please my contract doesn’t end until next year March 

I really need my phone working ??

icon

Best answer by Dan29 1 February 2020, 01:22

View original

6 replies

Well do you have an insurance policy to protect your phone against damage?

If not you’ll have to visit a phone repair shop like everyone else and pay to have it repaired. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

As much as it may not be the answer you wanted, @Dan29 is exactly right here.  It would be chargeable to have it repaired, unless you’re insured.

The earliest an early upgrade is currently possible with ourselves at iD Mobile would be within the last 60 days of when your contract would be set to expire.

I understand that but it’s not just the screen as I can’t even use the phone it’s self as the phone doesn’t stay charged after it comes off 100% 

and I’m still under apple warranty and when I spoke to a member of ID they said to take the phone into car phone wearhouse to see what they can do so that’s what I’m going to do and see if I can get help or advice that way 

thank you for the comments 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I understand that but it’s not just the screen as I can’t even use the phone it’s self as the phone doesn’t stay charged after it comes off 100% 

and I’m still under apple warranty and when I spoke to a member of ID they said to take the phone into car phone wearhouse to see what they can do so that’s what I’m going to do and see if I can get help or advice that way 

thank you for the comments 

Hello @AnnLoveCandice14,

A cracked screen would be warranty-voiding damage which does not allow us to book in the handset under a warranty repair. You’d need to have the handset repaired via the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved repair centre (such as ourselves) to then allow for the fault to be fixed.

Visiting Carphone Warehouse would simply lead to this advice being provided to you.

Mohammed

Went into car phone wearhouse they said it’s going to cost £300 

it’s a lot of money to pay to get it fixed so I’ll just have to pay the contact til it ends next year as I don’t have that kind of money when when the contract is ended in March next year how do I go about having it off when it’s paid that year 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey @AnnLoveCandice14,

Once you are within 30-days of the contract expiry date, you can contact our Live Chat Team here to request disconnection without there being a termination fee. You can also upgrade 60-days before the expiry date if you would like a new phone. 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?