Solved

Iphone 6s Unlock

• 6 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi

My 6S is in line for an upgrade this month (ID contract), I’d like to sell the 6s when I upgrade so need to ensure it’s unlocked. Have tried the live chat but just get sent around in circles by the chat bot. Can you tell me please how I can get it unlocked?

Many thanks

Chris

icon

Best answer by Kevin 8 October 2020, 15:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Insert any other sim card. And if it works than iPhone is unlock.

There's no outstanding balance in your account. You must have with Id Mobile for more than 6 months.

Thanks for that response. I’ve been through all the help inline, it’s the actual physical act of getting the phone unlocked that i need. Live chat is just a chat bot who goes round in circles and can’t get hold of anyone by phone - presumably circumstances have affected staff numbers or similar. Balance clear, been with ID for several years, it’s an ID phone - just want it unlocked so i can sell it when i upgrade.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Chrisbuncher 

Have you tested another SIM in the phone to see if the phone is actually locked to us?  It’s been a while since Apple mandated that phones lock to the first network they’re used with you see.

If it is indeed locked, then let us know and we’ll send you a private message here and help with the unlocking request if need be.

Thanks Kevin, have managed to check now and it’s unlocked :D . Thanks your your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries at all @Chrisbuncher, chuffed you’re sorted now!

Will

Why iD Mobile?