Solved

iPhone 7+ Wifi Calling Not Working

• 3 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
I've already looked at other similar questions and tried some solutions but none seem too work.

One response mentioned reinstalling iOS, but I don't see an option for that anywhere. It just takes me I have the most current version.

When I have "full" WiFi and no service, my phone just says No Service and I can't make or receive calls. It used to say iD Wifi (or something similar).

I've already tried restarting the phone. I have an iPhone 7+, on iOS 12.1.2 (the latest version), & iD 35.1
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 3 January 2019, 19:57

View original

2 replies

Badge +10
Welcome to ID Community,

Goto settings/wifi and turn wifi off [not wifi-calling] wait a while then turn it back on again, this resolves it for me! [Do not toggle wifi off from the widget menu this only disconnects the wifi]

Alternatively...
Follow these steps if you can't turn on Wi-Fi Calling or make a Wi-Fi call. Wait two minutes before you go from one step to the next.
  1. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
  4. Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.
  5. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
You should not need to reinstall any software as this is a wifi / network issue.

You could try going to general and update and accept any new carrier settings that are available, a few weeks back there was an update and new carrier settings released.
Userlevel 1
The network settings reset worked! Thank you!

Why iD Mobile?