Solved

iphone information - can't send texts

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I upgraded my phone in October to an iPhone 11 - swapping my old number to my new device. However, I am unable to send text messages from my phone, they say they are not able to be delivered. 
I have been searching through all my settings and have noticed that when I go onto my iPhone 11 device information, it displays the number issued to the phone and not the number I transferred over. How do I fix this? 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 January 2021, 17:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Milliebateman98,

The device information won’t update from my knowledge so there’s no way to manually amend this but this shouldn’t affect it.

The issue will be down to iMessage.

Try the following:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

I am having this issue as well?! It’s been going on a week! I’ve tried checking the number and all

of the steps on here? Why does this appear to be an ID Mobile thing?

I have seen this asked numerous times here...but here goes. I have just transferred across to ID,  my texts won’t send. I have done all the steps advised on other threads, like checking the number it’s sending from etc. This is really frustrating!! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jamie.e 

There was an unplanned outage which caused the SMS service to temporarily be down. However, We have been advised this has been resolved now. Can you check to see if you are able to send/receive text messages now? 

Thanks

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?