Question

iPhone Not Accepting new SIM

• 21 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I've just changed from BT to ID Mobile, on a SIM only deal, using my own second hand iPhone. When I first attempted to put the SIM in the mobile, a messaged showed saying that the phone needed unlocking, however, I find this strange, as the phone isn't locked. It was previously on a different network before I had the phone, but switched to my old BT SIM without issue.

To complicate things a bit...

In order to Activate the SIM, I put it in another phone and it worked ok. However, when putting it into my iPhone the error has now disappeared, but the phone simply says it has "no sim" (where the network is usually displayed). I have noticed some scratches on the SIM, so don't know if these are causing some of the problems.

To summarise:

• Is there a reason that the SIM wont work on a second hand iPhone 5?
  • Is it possible to get a replacement SIM as mine appears scratched?
Thanks 🙂

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Laura, are you able to test the iD SIM in any other phone to confirm it's still working? It's unusual for a SIM to become damaged but if it's no longer recognised in the phone then this could be the case and would need to be replaced.
You can get in touch with us using Livechat www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us or by calling on 0333 003 7777 to request a replacement.

- Phil

Have bought new phone took sim out of my old phone

put in new phone keeps telling me no sim what wrong,when put back in old phone it works.new phone has sim one and two tried both still saying no sim,any ideas mant thanks Oliver

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @lesley123 

Could you please confirm what phone you are using?

Have you checked its the correct size?

Regards

Aklima 

Why iD Mobile?