Question

Iphone unlock problems

• 20 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, i bought an iPhone 6 for my daughter & it was meant to be unlocked but its not. I am on three and my sim works in it but o2 doesn't. I've checked with three and if it was a three mobile, it would already be unlocked. They said to contact id mobile as they could help. Ive tried to unlock unsing itunes and no joy as of yet. Is there any way you can help with an unlock request and find out if the iphone is lockes to id mobile? Its driving me mad now & my daughter is going crazy.

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Kellyazad1

Unfortunately, if you bought your handset as second hand then you would need to contact previous owner of the phone and ask him/her to contact ID Mobile. Only original customer is eligible for free unlock.

Don't give up though, it's always good to ask and see. If you want be able to unlock through live chat, I would recommend going to your local phone shop and see if they can unlock it as a paid service.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Hi @Hikari

It was bought second hand but i confirmed with the previous owner and it was definitely an i.d mobile phone, and only an i.d mobile sim was used in it. No idea about where it was purchased from though. I'll try speaking to someone on live chat.

Thank you.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Kellyazad1

Did you purchased your phone through ID Mobile website or through Carphone Warehouse Store?

If you did then the easiest and most efficient way to unlock your phone is to contact live chat team here.

Kind Regards

Why iD Mobile?