Solved

Iphone Visual Voicemail

• 5 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi
iPhone 6 iOS 12.1
Visual voicemail no longer works possibly a result of upgrading phone firmware.

I have tried the following having researched online
Flight mode off/on
Resetting network settings
Rebooting
Tried voicemail at different locations

Any thoughts?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Kevin 12 December 2018, 13:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Wood,

As it stopped working around the same time as your update, the service may not be compatible just yet, but this is just an assumption.

I've found this article from Apple, which may help your situation.

Let me know how you get on.

Ryan
Ryan
Thanks for replying. I had seen that Apple link. Fortunately normal voicemail is working.

Since posting the question I found this link at the end of the video it refers to sending text commands to find the status and switch Visual voicemail on/off, in this case with EE. Is there something similar with IDmobile (Three) it might give some indication to what's going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuAHbumrLZE

Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hello @Wood

Had you been able to get visual voicemail working on the iPhone under iD prior to this recent update? See officially Three (nor ourselves) have not yet supported visual voicemail on iPhones. According to Apple, it appears to be exclusive to EE and O2 as of time of writing over here in the UK.

Kevin
Kevin
Sorry I've been away from my computer.
I moved to ID from O2 around Febuary 2018 and Visual Voicemail continued to work on my iphone, I didn't have to set anything up. As I have previously said I believe it was updating to IOS 12 that caused it to no longer work. When it stopped working I searched for a solution online and was surprised to find the Apple page you refer to. Having had the facility I really miss it.

Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Kevin
Sorry I've been away from my computer.
I moved to ID from O2 around Febuary 2018 and Visual Voicemail continued to work on my iphone, I didn't have to set anything up. As I have previously said I believe it was updating to IOS 12 that caused it to no longer work. When it stopped working I searched for a solution online and was surprised to find the Apple page you refer to. Having had the facility I really miss it.

Tim

Hey @Wood,

Sorry to hear that you're no longer able to make use of this service.

Unfortunately, it's not something supported on our networks so we can't provide support on it further.

It's similar to a few users who've had WiFi calling on a phone that's not on our compatible list but lost the feature after an update.

There's not much we can do to add-it back or get it working again unfortunately!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?