Question

Mobile data not working for Snapchat

Since I got my new upgrade for my phone my snapchat no longer works on my mobile data. It works on WiFi but not mobile data. Idk if it is something too do with the sim because I have the same sim from my last contract just changed the plan for the sim and got a new phone. My mobile data is turned on in settings and I have tried a network reset on my phone and deleting the app but nothing has worked. Is there anything u can suggest.

i have a iPhone 11

16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @chazler04 

Sorry to hear you are having connection issues. 

The quickest way to get a good idea of the coverage in your area(s) would be to pop your postcode in our online Coverage Checker.

Have you tried the SIM in another phone? 

Let us know.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Yes I have checked and it is covered, unfortunately I can’t try it in another phone because my family’s phones are locked to o2. I used too be able too use snapchat on my old phone b4 I got this new phone. I’m just not sure why everything works on my mobile data apart from snapchat which is very inconvenient because that’s one of the only apps I use on mobile data 😂. 
many Thanks hope you can get back to me.

So I didn’t realise that my bros phone was unlocked and snapchat did not work on his phone. I’m guessing it’s the sim. Any su

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @chazler04 

We’ve had no issues with our network and Snapchat compatibility in the past.

This sounds more likely to be an issue with the phone itself.  Have you tried deleting the app and all data associated with the app then re-installing?

If other apps are working fine on mobile data then we can’t see why Snapchat wouldn’t be.

I have tried deleting the app. How do I delete all the data associated with the app ? 

Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Normally when you remove the app from your phone you’d get an option to remove any saved data associated with the app.  

Is it still the iPhone 11 you’re using currently?  If memory serves me right it would ask you if you want to removed saved data (for that app) at the point you delete the app itself.

I am abit confused as because when I delete the app it does not give me an option too remove any saved data.i also tried it from the settings in storage. I am on the iPhone 11

thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @chazler04,

Do other apps work on mobile data?

Can you access websites and internet apps as normal when not connected to WiFi?

Mohammed

Yes I can,apps work on mobile data 

thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hmm, that’s very strange, @chazler04. It’s possible that Snapchat doesn’t have permission to use mobile data. To check this, can you try the following for me please?

On your iPhone 11, go to Settings > Cellular. A list of your apps should appear underneath a title that says “Use cellular data for:” . Make sure that Snapchat is toggled to ON. This will allow the app to use mobile data.

Rory

Yes it’s turned on in the mobile data

thanks 

charlie 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I’m really running out of suggestions short of a full factory reset here, @chazler04. The only thing I can think of is that a content filter is preventing access, as it might see Snapchat as a possible portal for adult content.

On the iD Mobile app, go to 'Services', then toggle adult content filtering to ‘off'.

Let us know if this fixes the issue :)

Thank you,

Rory

Factory reset might be the only thing too do as nothing has worked :( I tried the adult filtering and it has not worked :/ thanks for suggeston rory 

charlie

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Failing that @chazler04  try contacting Snapchat to see if they can offer any insights as it seems like it’s an app related/software issue since all other apps/websites work fine.

Mohammed

Since I got my new upgrade for my phone my snapchat no longer works on my mobile data. It works on WiFi but not mobile data. Idk if it is something too do with the sim because I have the same sim from my last contract just changed the plan for the sim and got a new phone. My mobile data is turned on in settings and I have tried a network reset on my phone and deleting the app but nothing has worked. Is there anything u can suggest.

i have a iPhone 11

Hi! I’m currently having this exact issue, did you ever find a solution?? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @kelseynicole,

Have you tried contacting Snapchat too see if there is a known software issue on their end?

Will

Why iD Mobile?