Question

Mobile data not working on ipad

• 1 February 2019
  • 10 replies

When in South Africa I installed a local sim. Now back in the UK I have reinstalled the id sim and I do not have any mobile connection. Please advise what I can do.

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Adrian61

Let's start troubleshooting for your problem with checking your APN settings on the iPad. Could you head over to one of these locations and see if you have got idmobile access point setup there?
  • Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
  • Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.
If ID Mobile is missing we will need to add it, if there will be one listed just remove it and we will add one manually afterwards :)

Follow these settings here and input them on your iPad.

After it's done reboot your device and you should be good to go.

Let us know if that helped you?
Regards
When I select Mobile Data Options I can see Enable 4G and Data Roaming.
When I select APN Settings I can see APN, Username and Password. id is entered as APN.
Therefore, I cannot see where to enter the settings as you suggest.
Please advise.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
You should have option to remove the one that is already there and then option to add a new one should appear. I am not using Apple device myself so I can't show you a screenshot.

Maybe if you have time to spare you could go to your nearest Carphone Warehouse and they could have a look for you.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
When I select Mobile Data Options I can see Enable 4G and Data Roaming.
When I select APN Settings I can see APN, Username and Password. id is entered as APN.
Therefore, I cannot see where to enter the settings as you suggest.
Please advise.

Hey @Adrian61,

Would it be possible to send a screenshot of what shows in the APN settings?

It's difficult for us, or any of our heroes like @Hikari to give further support on this without seeing the options available or physically having access to the device.

Visiting one of the local stores for support may help too as Hikari mentioned.

You could try deleting the existing iD APN and making a new one again.

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Adrian61,

Please can you try an press Reset Settings underneath?

If that fails to work, head to the General Settings and then to Reset Network Settings to see if this helps too. Please note, this will delete any WiFi passwords so they'll need to be entered in again.

Ryan
I have Reset Network Settings, but I still have no 3G.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Adrian61,

Is this a DATA-Only SIM you're using in the iPad or a regular SIM?

Can you try putting the SIM into a phone and seeing if you can configure the APN settings and if this allows connection to data?

Mohammed
The problem is solved. It was my mistake. I had put an expired ID sim in the iPad. I have now put the correct ID sim into the iPad and all works OK. Thanks for all your help, and I am sorry I wasted your time.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Yay! We're just happy to hear you've resolved things there @Adrian61

Have a great day!

Why iD Mobile?