Question

new contract instead of upgrade

• 5 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

My name is *********** and I have joined ID mobile 24/11/20. My mobile number is **********. The number has been transferred from vodafone via PAC. Since joining, I have raised the concerns via the online community and live chat that I am unable to receive any one off verification codes. I have recently also found that I cannot receive ANY phone calls as it says my number is incorrect. I am a nurse who works on call for the NHS, the hospital relies on my to answer my phone during staff shortages to cover and as a result of this I have lost out on employment and frankly patients have lost out on a better quality of care during a pandemic. Your customer services via the website and chat have not been helpful one bit hence this is still not sorted. I have also escalated this directly with Carphone Warehouse (complaint reference-30670501). I feel as though I have been extremely patient during your replies on the direct messages on the website, whih are often only once every 12 hours or so and the agent will repeat a question that has already been asked by a previous agent- as you never speak to the same person. My message to you on facebook was also only an automated reply which told me to use the community-which i already have and to do the live chat. The live chat-also automated,  told me to check coverage which was excellent and to check if my device was compatible which it is as its an iphone 8. No further advice was given. I wish for this to be resolved in the next 48 hours otherwise I would like to be released from my contract early so I can return to a company which actually enables me to receive phone calls and texts as I have been paying for a service you have failed to provide. I am extremely disappointed in the way this case has been handled by yourselves.

Yours Sincerely,

Kamila. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Kamilaa15 

I have removed your name and mobile number form your post as this is personnel information, we would not like to be on a public post.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you a facing. I can see we are talking with you via private message. 

We'll keep communications via the private message to ensure this issue is resolved as quickly as possible for you.

Michelle 

I changed my account to Sim only and received a new Sim on Thursday 25th March. Despite the information on the application for, this SIM card has changed my number. The new direct debit has been set up but my App indicates that I am still being billed for the defunct number and the new account is not mentioned. Please recover the old number and attach it to the Sim only charge. 
Judy Saunders 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Judy Saunders 

It seems like you have taken out a new sim-only contract. You will need to cancel this and upgrade your existing contract. Our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network Team here is the best place to request a cancellation. We’re also contactable via Facebook and Twitter if you use those platforms. If you have trouble using those services then please let us know here and we’ll offer further support.

-Mohsin

I changed contract to sim only using form on My Account. I expected to keep my number as indicated on form. Was sent new App and number. App still quotes pricing for old number. I want to retrieve my number and have sim only. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Judy Saunders 

Unfortunately, you can not port your existing iD number to a new iD sim as we do not support internal migrations. You will need to cancel the new contract and Upgrade the existing iD contract you have if you are looking to keep the same number.

-Mohsin

That is what I selected to do but it didn’t happen. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Judy Saunders 

We would advise speaking to our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network team who will be able to assist with cancelling your new contract. 

We’re also contactable via Facebook and Twitter if you use those platforms. If you have trouble using those services then please let us know here and we’ll offer further support.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?