Solved

New iPhone7+ - SIM not supported

• 5 August 2020
  • 5 replies

hi, ive seen a lot of queries here about SIM unsupported in old other networks’ phones, my problem is that its a brand new iphone7+ model, and with the sim in the new phone - ios it says is unsupported. i believe the iphone7+ to be unlocked from any network but how would i find out? and what can i do if ID mobile ‘live chat’ isnt available?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 6 August 2020, 10:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @arebee70,

We’re sorry to hear about that, did you purchase the iPhone from ourselves? If so, are you using the iD Mobile SIM card when this error shows?

If you bought the phone from elsewhere and it is not working with our SIM card then the phone is likely locked to another network and you will need to contact the provider for further assistance.

Ryan

No the iPhone has been given to me by a family member who has purchased a new phone

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jmcnulty7,

If you see that same “SIM Card Not Supported” message then it does seem as though the phone is network locked. The original owner will need to contact the seller to have this lifted.

Ryan

You don’t seem to understand .I have a Samsung Galaxy which I have used for several years with my I’d account.Iwas given an

iphone7 by a member of my family.Iwanted to use the iPhone with my I’d account and dispense with my Galaxy phone but to do this I required a nano sim from idfor my  iPhone.I could not get one As a result I have  left I D MOBILE

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jmcnulty7,

I apologise for any miscommunication here however you did not mention in your message that you required a new SIM card for the phone so we weren’t to know that I’m afraid.

You replied to an existing post about an iPhone 7 being network locked so we could only assume that you had the same issue because no further details were included in your message.

Although you say you have left us, if you have yet to fully do so, reply to us here and we’ll send you a replacement SIM card.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?