Question

new phone faulty , need to return , postage .. not insures

• 10 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi , I received my new contract phone on 1st of June , it doesn’t work , won’t switch on just shows the Apple icon on and off for 2 days and gets very very hot on charge.   I spent 2 days trying to contact carphone  warehouse ( the phone was sent from them ) To be told to contact ID … I have a returns request has been generated, they have told me to return the phone to address provided !!! At my cost !!! 🤬 .. they stated on the phone to just sent it recorded delivery for approx £7:50 and not to insure it which would cost me (£60) I have been on hold to the complaints team now for 47 mins trying to speak to someone to get confirmation that this is the correct way to return … as obviously I don’t want to be responsible if it gets damaged or lost ! Please help us this the correct way to return.  Would I be liable … 😩 not what I want from a brand new phone nothing but hassle !

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jayboss 

ID Mobile as a provider does not offer insurance services when purchasing handsets, however, if you have purchased from Carphone Warehouse, then you have an option to purchase insurance at the time of purchase. ID Mobile offers standard manufacturers warranty for the phones sold through the website which you can get fixed through Carphone Warehouse if it is covered by warranty. The warranty does not cover phones which have Physical damage or Water damage.

-Mohsin

hi how can i find out if my phone is insured

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Deanna1988 

So sorry to hear of the trouble yo been through

Please click on How to return your pay monthly plan , its everything you need to know.

Alternatively, you can contact our Live Chat team who can look into your account and advise you.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?