Solved

New SIM Card will not work in phone. but will in others.

• 2 December 2018
  • 4 replies

I brought my IPhone XR Sim-Free a few weeks ago, I put in a vodafone SIM and now I have an ID mobile SIM i’d like to use with the phone. The SIM arrived the other day and I put it into my phone, at first it displayed ‘No SIM’, I did a soft reset then it displayed ‘No Service’, I’ve repeated this many times now. I tried the SIM in a Samsung Galaxy S8 and a IPhone 7 Plus, it worked in both.
I’ve checked and my phone is unlocked.
I’ve attached 2 screenshots, the first one is before the soft reset,when it displays ‘No SIM’ and the second one is after the soft reset, when it displays ‘No Service’.
I will appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 2 December 2018, 18:10

View original

4 replies

Badge +10
Hi welcome to the ID community,

Unfortunately the default SIM cards being sent out are not compatible with the new IPhone 2018 mobiles.

However if you speak to Live Chat they will be able to send out the correct SIM for your mobile.
You will need to explain you require a special SIM card for the 2018 IPhone XR.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @eatonjosh,

As @terrywebbs has correctly mentioned, our default SIMs are not compatible with the iPhone XS or XR.
Instead a special SIM would need to be sent out to you.

You can read up on this here.

Let us know if you still haven't been able to get a replacement SIM sent out and we will look into this for you.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1

can i put a vodafone sim card in this phones

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @sara f and welcome to the community here.

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking.

If the phone you are using is unlocked, then you should be able to insert any SIM card you want in there.

Also.  To add to the earlier topic mentioned in this thread.  I’m almost sure that Apple eventually released a firmware upgrade that removed the issues with certain SIM cards not being usable.  So if your an iPhone XS or XR user, then please make sure you’ve updated the firmware (over Wi-Fi) to see if that helps.  If facing compatibility issues that is.

Why iD Mobile?