Solved

new sim is not working at all, i have tried all the troubleshooting and also reset phone, sim isnt working in any other phpne, the chat bot feature is completely useless!!

• 24 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I got my new phone on Monday and still no service, phone is reading 'no simple and I have tried all the troubleshooting and also reset phone, sim isnt working in any other phone either.  the chat bot feature is completely useless i have tried it 3 times now with the same response and then it freezes. I was on for nearly 2 hours yesterday trying to get an answer! and I cant speak to anyone. Making me regret upgrading with ID mobile

icon

Best answer by Mohsin 26 February 2021, 13:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @elenapoulos1981 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message now so we can look into this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

How long will it take for new sim to be send out? I have now been without a phone for 4 days and I am still expected to pay for the contract for these 4 days. I have still have not received a response from customer service!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @elenapoulos1981 

An advisor from our Support team will respond to your Private Message to help with the issue you are having. Thank you for your patience so far.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Day 10 and I have still not received a response from customer services and I have not received the promised replacement sim. I will contact once again through the chat facility but the service has been really poor 😕 

Userlevel 1

The worst customer service I've ever experienced, if even 1 person AVOIDS this company it is worth the review. Where do I start...I have just came out of a 2 year contract with ID mobile no problem at all so decide to upgrade with them, received phone and sim card on time, all going swimmingly do far! Then the problems start, the sim card doesn't work so i tried using their live chat function as you literally cannot contact them any other way! The first 3 times I used it (total of over 2 hours) the chat froze each time as I starting pressing for a resolution. 4th time I tried it I said I wanted to complain, they would not entertain  me at all which completely flummoxed me by and by this point 5 days had passed and I was no where near a resolution, all I wanted was a replacement sim! So eventually someone tells me a replacement sim would be sent out and would arrive within 2-3 days, roll on day 3 and no sim. Back to live chat again, and i was informed that previous sim had got lost in the post and assurances provided that another sim would be sent and would arrive in 2-3 days. Day 4 no sim...theme starting to emerge now! Contact them, apologies and assurances given again and told that the sim was definitely on the way and there was delays with royal mail and as I had been inconvenienced they would put £5 into my account (for the contract I am paying for that I am not even using). So i check with royal mail, they have no idea what im talking about and no credit has went into my account surprise surprise! I have also left a post on there community page too just for good measure but I am now starting to realise its completely pointless. So I will now painstaking try and cancel my contract. No doubt this will result in another enlightening review. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @elenapoulos1981,

I’m sorry to see you’ve not had a response to your PM yet. I’ll get someone to pick this up asap.

Mohammed

I have been trying to activate my sim all day but it keeps saying only emergency calls. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lance89,

What’s the make and model of handset you’re using it in? Are there any error messages that pop up when inserting the SIM?

Will

All sorted now will. Think there was a confusion on the phone and it was using the wrong sim port but its working now. 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Nice one.

Cheers for letting us know @Lance89!

Take care, and please get back in touch if ever you need anything else.

Will

Why iD Mobile?