Question

NO APN settings Iphone 6s

• 14 November 2019
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1

Despite complaining we are nowhere to resolving this issue, sent letters with the same instructions which are useless and pointless as there is NO APN under mobile data network settings. and why send me to the phone settings checker on theĀ  webpage when ID cant even be bothered to update the list to include ios13.2 ??Ā  last version listed is ios 12 .!!Ā  Ā  Ā 

22 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Weā€™re sorry for any frustrations caused there @RedhotĀ 

Do you have a link to the page youā€™re referring to that needs updating?Ā  We can get that looked at by our Web Team from there.

Ā 

Regarding the iPhone issue.Ā  Did you previously use your iPhone with another provider?Ā  If so, you may need to see if any profiles are on your phone from the previous provider that need to be deleted.Ā  These sorts of things can cause conflicts you see.

Has it been roaming that youā€™ve been having troubles with?

Userlevel 1

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settingsĀ  Ā  Ā  enter phone number then select apple then ios but only lists ios 12 , now come on ios 12 is ages ago. unacceptable and I`ve raised this over several complaints to your tech team but been totally ignored by being sent out the same instructions for apn , as stated there is no mobile data network option, and no profile option. I have tried a giff sim in and the mobile data network option appears so its ID that has not sent the correct settings.Ā 

Userlevel 1

No i have not been roaming .

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Iā€™m certainly sorry to hear you've been left stranded with no help there @RedhotĀ 

What is the actual problem youā€™re facing currently on your phone.

Ā 

Is it that youā€™re unable to use data? or something else?

Has this problem always been apparent since you moved to iD Mobile? or did this only start recently?

Ā 

Separately.Ā  Iā€™ve passed on the details to our Web Team to have that page updated.

Userlevel 1

I upgraded my contract with you to iphone 6s , never have been able to send picture messages to non iphone users, one of your agents I spoke with recently stated iphone users have never been able to send to non iphone users ! So I contacted apple regarding this who have logged a case ID regarding this totally incorrect information being given out. Back in july I tried to sort it out but once again your techĀ team just doesnt get it ! Just whatĀ Ā part do they not get, there is NO APN or mobile data network option listed under settings. yet I now receive yet a 3rd letter with instructions on how to change APN !! Please how much longer does this have to go on for.Ā  Also the settings checker is still notĀ updated , why ? You need to send the correct settings to my sim card. I have paid my monthly bill this month under protest as ID are not providing me with the service I am paying for. I expect a fix asap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Redhot,

Ā 

The issue is to do with the device settings though itā€™s odd that youā€™re not able to amend the APN settings.

Ā 

The go to fixes are to amend the APNS or if no option for this shows trying Settings > General > Profiles and deleting any that show.

MMS messages are not inclusive of your allowances and cost 30p per MMS message.

Ā 

Have you tried adjusting your spend cap to ensure thereā€™s enough for this to send?

Ā 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have enough in my cap to cover any extras . There is no profile settings either as previously stated in earlier message.Ā 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

HiĀ @Redhot,

Thank you. Have you tried your iD SIM card in another device to establish whether the issue is solely related to the iPhone 6S? It will help us diagnose the issue.

Ā 

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi, I tried my sim in my work colleagues iphone 8 and the same problem no mobile data network showed up but we tried their sim in my iphone 6s and the mobile data network option was there straight away so we can say its not my iphone but the sim .Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, I tried my sim in my work colleagues iphone 8 and the same problem no mobile data network showed up but we tried their sim in my iphone 6s and the mobile data network option was there straight away so we can say its not my iphone but the sim .Ā 

Ā 

Hello @Redhot,

Ā 

With your colleagues SIM inserted into your iPhone 6S, can you try deleting your current APN setting and adding the following:

Ā 

Then turn the device off and switch back to yoru SIM and turn the device back on.

Let us know if this works?

Ā 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Ok i have tried what you advised , nothing at all. So how are you going to fix this issue, its now been ongoing for too long. Once again I have paid my bill under protest. I also note you said you were sending the request to have the settings checker that is still on ios 12 but as of today that page has NOT been updated ?

Userlevel 1

I`m still waiting for a reply !!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

HiĀ @RedhotĀ 

If you could, please get in touch with us either through one of the following:

Dialling 0333 003 7777 for our Customer Services Team.
Reaching our Live Chat Team here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/?ref=br_rs)
TwitterĀ (https://twitter.com/iD_Mobile_UK)

If you're choosing to email us, please include in your email your iD Community username, your full name, home address and postcode, mobile number, and email address.

Weā€™ll then check your account to see if anything obvious is causing problems on the account side.

Ā 

Or alternatively you could try taking the phone and SIM to a Carphone Warehouse to see if they can see the problem easily from their side, they may be able to test a replacement SIM for you.

Ā 

Userlevel 1

I have spent probably the best part of 60 hrs on the phone to your service centre only to be lied to so many times its now in the hand of solicitors. Carphone warehouse checked it and also couldnt sort it outĀ Ā 

You also failed to answer why the setting checkers paid has STILL NOT been updated for ios 13.Ā  Ā (ios 13.3 now as of today).Ā  Ā Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Redhot,

The tool is managed by a different team but we have passed on feedback to them to look into this.

Itā€™s not going to be updated immediately but they are already looking into this.

Ā 

The Team have asked if you can tryĀ Ā SettingsĀ > General >Ā ResetĀ >Ā Reset Network Settings as we havenā€™t yet confirmed if this has been done with you.

Can you try this for us and advise?

Ā 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

We have done everything, as IĀ state its now in the hands of a solicitor. !

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Whilst that may be the case @Redhot, and we donā€™t blame you for feeling that way.

Can you at least confirm that you have gone toĀ SettingsĀ > General >Ā ResetĀ >Ā Reset Network Settings and reset things there before trying again?

Userlevel 1

Do you ever read the past commentsĀ  Kevin, all this has been tried over 3 monthsĀ  typicalĀ  as above read your colleague Mohammeds remark, you`ve have not got yourself a complaint. Lazy employee !!.Ā 

Userlevel 1

*you have `now ` got yourself a complaint and it will be added to the court case against idmobile. Utter incomeptence.Ā 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

HiĀ @Redhot,

I am sorry that you feel we are being lazy. My colleague, Kevin, just wanted to double-check with you that this certain troubleshooting step has been done as requested. Before Mohammed mentioned the processes, it hadnā€™t been mentioned explicitly so it was still up in the air as to whether it had been done or not.

So we can log your complaint, please can you contact us directly? You can do this by contacting us via Facebook or Twitter.

Ryan

I am experiencing exactly the same issue as reported by @RedhotĀ 

Ā 

I recently changed network to ID mobile. Ā I am using an iPhone6s.Ā However have been experiencing issues with contacts unable to call me (their call wonā€™t connect) I donā€™t receive their call at my end either.

SMS messaging isnā€™t working either. Messages getting sent multiple times to recipients- however my device informs me they werenā€™t delivered.

I have tried to update the network settings using your website- however thereĀ are no settings listed for my device. Iā€™m paying for a contact I cannot actually use. Please provide the correct network settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am experiencing exactly the same issue as reported byĀ @RedhotĀ 

Ā 

I recently changed network to ID mobile. Ā I am using an iPhone6s.Ā However have been experiencing issues with contacts unable to call me (their call wonā€™t connect) I donā€™t receive their call at my end either.

SMS messaging isnā€™t working either. Messages getting sent multiple times to recipients- however my device informs me they werenā€™t delivered.

I have tried to update the network settings using your website- however thereĀ are no settings listed for my device. Iā€™m paying for a contact I cannot actually use. Please provide the correct network settings.

Ā 

Hello @Iphone6s,

This doesnā€™t sound like an APN issue if all services are affected.

Ā 

For the message issue, this should be an easy fix.

Try the following:

1)Ā Ā  Ā Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)Ā Ā  Ā Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)Ā Ā  Ā Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.Ā 
4)Ā Ā  Ā If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)Ā Ā  Ā Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)Ā Ā  Ā Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under ā€œStart new conversations from:ā€.Ā 

Ā 

Have you just joined iD and ported your number?

Is data working okay?

Ā 

Mohammed

Ā 

Why iD Mobile?