Solved

Not recieving any texts after porting number

Hello,

i have just ported my number (it shows correctly in my id account on web) but still i am unable to receive any text messages. Any help is appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Arpit 10 May 2019, 16:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Arpit

Since you posted your enquiry in iOS section of the community I assume you are using iPhone.

You can look here as @Mohammed posted there very helpful tutorial how to fix it.

Let us know if that helped you.

Kind Regards
@Hikari Hey thanks for replying, I have followed these steps but my XS Max is still stuck with old number and even the iMessage is just waiting for activation. I can still see mu old number in the iMessage even when I have updated the same in Phone Settings.
Okay so I tried using my sim in an android phone and to my horror there also am not receiving any text messages. So it’s definitely not the phone but there is some problem in Sim.

I am am able to send text messages though which is even strange.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Arpit

Could you just specify when did you request your number to be ported? It usually takes two - three working days to work properly again.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Arpit,

Even when trying the SIM card in an Android phone, the texts may still have issues as the number could still be registered on the iMessage platform and as such, messages from other iPhones would not come through.

When did you port your number over to us?

Ryan
@Ryan @Hikari Hi, I guess there was a problem with ID not porting the number properly and sending me a message that porting completed successfully.

This is was resolved automatically after 24 hours of raising the issue when I received all the messages at once.

All good now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Arpit,

Glad to hear that this in the end, sorted itself within 24-hours :)

Will mark your answer as the best answer to help any potential customers who face the issue in the future!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?