Solved

Number Transfer

• 2 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi,
I applied to keep my number on the 21st December and it seems like it hasnt fully taken. I can call and text people and the number i wanted will show up but when some people try to call or message me i dont receive the message or call attempt. it goes straight to voice mail and states that its still a TalkMobile number. I have the iphone 8 so can check my number on my contacts, it shows the temporary number that ID mobile gave me but when i asked my friend to call that number it said the number isnt active. What has happened and how do i fix it?

I also signed up to ID mobile using the temporary number. I have forgotten the password and cant get through the "forgotten password" stages as it neededs to text my temporary number that isnt active, is there a way around that?
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 2 January 2019, 20:26

View original

4 replies

Badge +10
Welcome to the ID Community

Firstly try turning your mobile off and back on again this can resolve 80% of issues regarding porting in to any new network.

This should then also resolve your lost password issue and be able to receive text messages.

If you still experience issues please post back and we can go thru some more troubleshooting for you.
Hi,
I have tried turning my phone on and off a few times and nothing has happened
Badge +10
This issue is primarily caused by iMessage not automatically updating the number once you've ported.

Please try turning the mobile off and on a few more times before trying the following steps:
1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”

Hopefully this should fix your issue if not please get in touch with live chat who can assist you further:
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

if they are busy alternatively our social media team can also resolve issues for you over at:
facebook.com/idmobileuk/
twitter.com/id_mobile_uk

The Social Media team are reachable from:
8 am until 8 pm during the week.
9 am to 5:30 pm on weekends.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @angelash99

I think this more of a game of patience here. Transferring your number can take few days for everything to work properly. Because of Christmas and New Year period some of the transfers could be delayed due to super high demand. I would say give it couple of more days and if it's not working properly by then contact customer support using this link

Why iD Mobile?