Solved

Phone issue

• 18 February 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi I have a iPhone 6 32g and for the past few months it’s not let me update any apps. I can’t use Facebook messenger now because it needs updating but I can’t update it because my phone keeps saying update your payment card. I have done that but it’s still not working. Any ideas on what to do would be really helpful. I need my phone to be working to keep in contact with my family. And I’m struggling doing that now.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 19 February 2019, 13:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Tiffanyrice2912

I have few thoughts how it might be resolved let's try them and see if it helps. I will assume here that you have already tried turning your phone off and on.

* Make sure that your phone is running the lestest iOS which at this point should be 12.1.4 if I am not mistaken.

* Connect your iPhone to iTunes and you might be able to update your apps from there.

* Sign out from your iCloud and then sign in again.

* Perform hard reset (it does not erase data) by holding all buttons including power until Apple logo appears again, system might need a little refresh to see your new card details.

Let us know if any of these helped.

Regards
Userlevel 1
I have tried all of that already and it’s still not working.
I found this article very useful when helping a friend with a similar issue.
(His solution was to delete card details and add it again)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7931672?answerId=31664456022#31664456022
Userlevel 1
Maybe you could try resetting your phone if it becomes too much of a problem
Userlevel 1
Maybe you could try resetting your phone if it becomes too much of a problem
I would reset my phone but I’ll have to find it all my passwords and stuff before I reset me phone.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Tiffanyrice2912,

The link that @j564ha has supplied above has some useful things to try, in order to have your payment details updated given the issue you're facing.

Failing that, contacting Apple Support here may be the best way forward, given that this seems to be linked to an Apple App Store payment type issue.

Ryan
Userlevel 1

Galaxy is showing " network error and no sim card" . I am due an upgrade but just want a sim only deal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Katemolloy 

If your device is showing this error, try removing the SIM and cleaning the contacts then try again.

Otherwise put the SIM in a different phone and test.

To upgrade to a SIM only

Click My Account

Scroll down to Upgrade

Then select SIM only

You can only upgrade to a SIM only plan in the last 20-days.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?