Solved

Phone not receiving texts or calls after changing phone to my old number

• 31 December 2020
  • 15 replies

So I recently got a new phone that is registered with the ID network but all my business is linked through my old number on an O2 network.

I got a PAC code and entered it into the ID registering system. I can now make calls from my new phone using my old number. However, I cannot receive texts or phone calls to my new phone? It says that the number is invalid?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Kevin 31 December 2020, 20:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @al104 

Are you using an iPhone by chance?  If so, you may need to do the following:

Turn the phone off.  Remove the SIM.

Turn the phone on (without a SIM in), and leave it 4 - 5 mins or so.

Turn phone off, re-insert SIM.

This should then refresh the number Apple know to be in use on the SIM inserted.

Alternatively, the following might.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Let us know if that helps.

I’m having the same issues, nothing is working for me. I’m at my wits end 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Cerys lp,

I am sorry to hear about that; when did you submit your PAC code to us? We can check the estimated completion time as these are extended over the Christmas to New Year period.

Ryan

Christmas Day 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Cerys lp,

For ports submitted on Chirstmas day, they would not have been picked up to complete until the 4th/5th.

Have you tried restarting the handset and then following the steps in:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Let us know if that helps.

We’re hoping that the port should now have completed and this will fix the issue.

Mohammed

Received another sim from immobile today , I’ve done it all. I’ve gone back to factory setting , bi passed Apple ID etc hopein it would verify but nope nothing. Next to my number in iMessage it’s a grey spinning symbol , the other side it’s says verifying . 

Same on FaceTime.  Also some people can ring my numbers and others have failed 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Cerys lp 

It seems like the porting process is still in the process which explains why some people are able to contact you and some not. Please allow a further 24 hours to see if this resolves your issue.

-Mohsin

I think so too but it’s not going to happen if nobody’s going to look into it 

Userlevel 1

I’m having the exact same issue, I joined 24/11/2020 and ported my number from Vodafone. Tried everything suggested above. Been in touch on facebook, live chat and private message and not getting anywhere. Please can someone assist me this issue. 

I’m getting frustrated as I being told the same things over and over .  Nothing works 

I just want to leave this contract 

shocking customer aerobics 

Userlevel 1

Exactly the same here! Every time I’ve mentioned being released from my contact early as I’m not getting the service I’m paying for, that part of the sentence just gets ignored. Most appalling customer service I’ve ever come across. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello @Kamilaa15,

We have replied to your other post on the other topic found here. Please keep contact all on one topic and we will help further if required.

Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Cerys lp,

We will send you a PM now to help further with your issue.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I’ll carry on asking people questions since you have been unable to resolve mine for weeks. 

Why iD Mobile?