Solved

Phone Stopped working - Mobile Data has an error.

• 4 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Phone has been working perfectly for at least a year, but stopped a few days ago.  New SIM sent for but old SIM still works in my last phone. Error message reads ‘’An update is required to use mobile data on this iphone’.  Can anyone help please/  Have triedon/off and reinserting SIM without success.

Regards, Mike.

icon

Best answer by mikesue4304 22 November 2020, 21:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

It seems issue with software update. You can update iPhone iOS using itunes. 

Contact iPhone to computer.

Open itunes.

Under device find your iPhone.

You get two options. Update and restore.

Select update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Petershaha80,

This is what I was going to suggest, if you could give this a try and let us know what happens.

Are you on the latest version of iOS?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thank you both for the speedy replies.  This was my first ever community question.  Regrettably I had not expected such a quick response.  I have been out all PM.  You live and learn.

I established this morning that Apple think it is not an update problem.  Everything was fine according to them.  They thought the problem was with ID.  The IOS is 12.4.8. 

A Curry’s free check failed as their machine was broken!  Although, it would not have evaluated this fault apparently.  However, the guy there thought that it was a phone problem as there was a dark triangle where the ID signal icon should have been.  He suggested trying a mobile phone repair shop.  That is where the phone now is.  The owner there thinks it is a hardware problem too.  A not uncommon fault apparently.  If it is repairable at a fairly OK price I will get it done and let you have any feedback.

Thanks again.  Mike.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks for the update @mikesue4304,

If you could please keep us posted on how the repair goes, it’d help us provide others with assistance here moving forward, so we’d be very grateful!

Will

Userlevel 1

Yes I will post an update when I know more.  It is the least I can do in view of the help I have received.  I reckon it will be next week before I know more though.

Regards, Mike.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers @mikesue4304 ,

We appreciate you.

Will

Userlevel 1

It turns out that my phone had a ‘Baseband Issue’ and this has now been fixed and it is working fine.  Apparently the processor lost the signal.  The small dark triangle in the top left hand corner of the screen confirmed this.

I hope that helps someone.

Regards, Mike.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mikesue4304,

I’ve marked your post as best answer, so no doubt it will help many people!

Count that as your good deed for the day, and have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers again for helping us out.

Will

Why iD Mobile?