Question

Problem with carrier means I'm unable to activate my iPhone 5s

• 26 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

For some reason, yesterday my iPhone 5s registered ‘no service’, which has been consistent since then. I attempted a factory reset, and now my phone cannot activate at all, and all the advice I’ve found points towards this being an issue on the part of iD. I was wondering if my phone needs unlocking, or a new SIM, or something else.

Thanks.

Edit: the reason I’m posting here is because there isn’t an option to get in contact with a real person that I can find on the iD website. If there is an option which I’ve missed, I’d very much like to know.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @yugiohyetagain 

Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear you are getting no service on your phone. Have you tested the sim on another phone to see if it works?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’ve checked with a friend’s phone, and it doesn’t work properly there either. I’ve had the SIM card for some time now, and it’s a cut-down version of a larger SIM card I used for a previous phone. I assume that’s causing the problem.

Userlevel 1

If that’s the case, how might I go about requesting a replacement SIM?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @yugiohyetagain,

We will issue you with a new SIM card to see if this helps. Please check your private messages for further support.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?