Question

Problem with sending messages

• 5 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I have tried logging in and out of my Apple account, restarting my phone, removing the SIM card and nothing has worked. In my account it says that my number is what I expect it to be, but when I click on the details of my device it claims it is connected to a different mobile number (I cannot change it when I look at phone details). I haven’t been able to send text messages for months, the problem is not with Imessages. I want to be able to fix this problem as my mobile number is not properly working.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @xbeth_parkinsonx 

Please can you try the following:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

If this does also not work, please can you go into the settings of your iPhone, scroll down until you see the “Phone” section and click on it, once here click on “My Number” part and delete all the digits and click save, then turn your iPhone off and back on, then go back into the “My Number” section and add your number back in, this should reset it, now go to settings again and search message, click on send and receive and select your number and deselect and other number or email, now do the same for FaceTime by searching facetime at the top of the settings, do the same as with message and it should be working after this.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?