Solved

Receiving a "Failed to deliver" message when texting after joining iD Mobile

• 14 June 2020
  • 9 replies

I recently got an iD sim card and transferred my old number over. I can make calls but text messages say ‘failed to deliver’ but the recipient then receives the text 3 times. The phone is an iPhone SE. When I go into message settings it says it is sending and receiving messages to the number that was originally on the sim.

icon

Best answer by nothanks 14 June 2020, 12:06

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Huawei p20, my phone not senting message and I'm also not receiving them. there also sent me two SIM card. not sure, what to do because I can't get in touch iD customer service.

Recently purchased 2 IPhone SE. Setting my wife’s SE we had to input contact details manually as ther previous phone was a Doro. 6520, from which digital transfer is not possible.

When using her SE to text message my wife is concerned that a ‘text not sent’ message is displayed, but the recipients received the message as they replied promptly. We are concerned that we have set up incorrectly.  When we input the contact details we Input the mobile numbers starting with ‘0’, not using the ‘+44’ international digits.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ellise_123,

We did have some network issues relating to the sending and receiving of text messages on Saturday, but these have since been fixed. Are you still having the same issue, or is it resolved now?

Will

I found the answer in another thread. If this is a know issues with iPhones it should have been in the initial set up instructions from iD. This is the fix: 

1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:"

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Katyjl,

Do you mean a Xiaomi Mi? If so which one as there are a few models.

Have you tried the SIM in another handset to see if this works?

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Katyjl,

I am sorry to hear that! Which phone are you using and have you tried to restart the phone to see if this helps?

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

It's a mi phone and yes I have restarted the phone.

I still can't send messages at the moment ;(

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Raymond W, thanks for getting in touch. The fact that the numbers start with 0 and not +44 shouldn’t be an issue at all. Have you tried resetting the network settings? Go to Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Once this is done, turn the phone off, remove the SIM, reinsert the SIM and then power the phone back on. Let us know if you’re still getting the same issue after this.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi, 

I've just joined ID and activated my sim. I can't seem to send SMS messages on my MI phone. Can anyone please help?

Many thanks

Katy

Why iD Mobile?