Question

SIM does not work

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Ordered an iPhone 12 on a new contract with ID network. Website says if it’s a new contract SIM card should arrive activated. Instructions on card just says to insert into phone and that’s it.

ive inserted it to my new phone and also my Samsung S9 doesn’t work in either. Says no service. 

tried turning on flight mode on and off - still doesn’t work 

Tried turning phone off and back on. Taking SIM card out and putting it back in. Nothing.

can’t access app as to register it needs mobile number however I have no idea what this is as sim doesn’t work. 

please can someone assist. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Alicia199090 

We are sorry to hear your new sim has now been activated. We will send you a Private Message so we can help with this.

-Mohsin

I have exactly the same problem. Anu advise? Tried three phones already. Getting “Insert SIM” with some and nothing with one

Userlevel 1

Hi, for me it was because my phone had been delivered early and was delivered to my home address due to COVID rather than for collection at store which is what I originally requested. On the day I was actually due to collect it everything started working. I think for me it was more an issue with car phone warehouse and something they had to action from their side. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Photomic2000 

Please try activating your sim through your iD account. Please try the following steps: 

• Logging in to the app or online account. 
  •  Going to the 'My Services' page 
  • Clicking 'Activate my SIM'

Once you click 'Activate your SIM', the new SIM will be activated within a few hours. If you are still having issues, please contact our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network team who will be able to assist you with this.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?