Swapping from Android to iPhone, can i keep my number?

• 19 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

i currently use android and have done since i began using a mobile. this is the first time ive considered using an iphone. a family member is giving it to me for free so it seems a no brainer as my android is ancient. but i would like to know :

• can i keep my number
  • is it easy to transfer all my data to the new phone
  • will my plan have to change at all

any help would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

karen

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @kmac,

Our SIM cards will work inside iPhones so you will be perfectly ok to keep your number along with the same plan that you are on now; just make sure that the iPhone is not locked to its current network.

If the iPhone takes a smaller sized SIM card than the one you have now then we can issue you with a new one if your current SIM card doesn’t ‘pop out’ to a smaller size.

In regards to moving your data across, it would be best to use cloud services in order to save your data. On your Android phone, you should be able to download the “Google Photos” app which will allow you to back up your photos to it. You can also download this app on your new iPhone to see them all there in an instance. Other methods include backing them up to a computer.

Let us know if you need to know anything else and we will try our best to help. :relaxed:

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?