Solved

Text message error

• 21 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
So I have an iPhone 8 that I’ve just had and I’ve transferred my old number so it’s now on my new sim but my messages aren’t sending properly and they’re saying they haven’t sent when they have how do I resolve this?
icon

Best answer by Kevin 22 February 2019, 16:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Howdy @Malissab, and welcome to our iD Mobile community here.

Could you go to Settings > [Your Profile] > Name, Numbers, Emails
and then ensure within there that the correct number is showing?

You may possibly need to log out of iCloud or Apple ID in order to make the change.

Another method that has worked in the past for others is as follows...
Turn off the iPhone > Take out your SIM
Turn the iPhone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a minute or so.
Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the iPhone > Turn back on.

This sometimes helps get the iPhone to refresh the information it's holding for your SIM and phone number etc.

I am having the same problem. I have checked and it shows the wrong number on settings.If I log out of iCloud will all of my photos and data delete ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Erinxx 

iCloud should automatically back up your data; when logging out and back in again your data would still be there for you to see.

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Many thanks,  I had this same problem,  I guess it happens from when you add the new sim card before the number is transferred to it,  it picks up that number and you need to reset it,  

I found I needed to going into settings facetime and turn it off,  same with settings imessage, 

then go back in,  when turned back on they picked up the correct number,  thanks again, 

G

Why iD Mobile?