Question

Text Messages showing 'not delivered'.

Userlevel 1
Text Messages showing 'not delivered' are being delivered because I am receiving replies. How will I know if a message has not been delivered if this keeps happening?

34 replies

Hi I started using ID yesterday and all worked ok until I ported my number across and since then each time I send a text it says failed and yet when I ask the recipient if it has gone through it has but why is it saying message failed. I am using an iPhone 6 plus
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @IvorH,

If this is an iPhone (I'm guessing by the topic being created in the iOS section) it's an issue with iMessage

Have you tried turning off iMessage?

Is this a recent issue or happened since the start of your connection with us?

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi I started using ID yesterday and all worked ok until I ported my number across and since then each time I send a text it says failed and yet when I ask the recipient if it has gone through it has but why is it saying message failed. I am using an iPhone 6 plus

Hello @CarolDHill,

Due to the similarity of the issues, I've merged your topic here to help provide support quicker.

I know that you have mentioned you just joined iD and ported your number across to us, is this the same situation for you @IvorH or have you been with us a while and suddenly started receiving this error?

Can both of you try the following and let me know?1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”

Mohammed
I’ve been having the same issue, switching off iMessage has not made a difference 😔
Hi my issue was not with I message as this is always disabled. Sometimes my texts go through and sometimes they don’t but when they do go through I still get error message saying message failed to deliver!! My number is showing as my ported number now and they have gone through so far today. However the signal is only at one bar or even no signal at all and therefore not able to use my phone all the time!!!
Text Messages showing 'not delivered' are being delivered because I am receiving replies. How will I know if a message has not been delivered if this keeps happening?
Exactly my issue too
Yep, this is my issue
Hi, when I send messages to friends that don’t have iPhones I get text message back saying not delivered, sometimes they do receive it and sometimes they don’t which is very annoying 😩
any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Yep, this is my issue

Hello @Brunster, Have you tried checking that the number in the settings has updated?

See:

Can both of you try the following and let me know?1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”

Hi my issue was not with I message as this is always disabled. Sometimes my texts go through and sometimes they don’t but when they do go through I still get error message saying message failed to deliver!! My number is showing as my ported number now and they have gone through so far today. However the signal is only at one bar or even no signal at all and therefore not able to use my phone all the time!!!

@CarolDHill you can ignore the above steps as you've confirmed that you do not have iMessage active.
You did make mention of a Port now being completed, so are you still getting the same error messages when sending texts? Or has this now gone and you've got a new issue which is poor coverage?

Mohammed
Hi the texts seem to be going through but take a long time to complete which maybe because of the very poor signal which I am still experiencing it is still on one bar and most of the day it had been on no service at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @CarolDHill,

It would seem this is now down to a new separate issue relating to coverage.

Have you tried checking your coverage using our Coverage Checker?

EDIT: Looking into this a little further, I can see that we are currently dealing with this via Social Media. We would recommend keeping all contact there so we can work to resolve your issue as we're unable to access your account from this platform and can only provide limited information.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi, when I send messages to friends that don’t have iPhones I get text message back saying not delivered, sometimes they do receive it and sometimes they don’t which is very annoying 😩
any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

Hello @Suze,

There seems to be a few topics relating to the same issue so I've moved your post here.

Have you tried checking the number in iMessage?

The the above and see if this works for you.

Have you recently ported your number into our network?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi. I had the same problem and followed Mohammed's instructions. I had ported my number but when I checked under settings it was the number I'd been issued by ID. Once I had changed that, it worked. Thank you.
I have had the same problem with an iPhone 8 and porting my old number. By default, iMessage retains the number originally supplied on the SIM card iD sent. Changing it as advised by Mohammad above solved it. I don't remember having had this problem last time I changed my SIM. Makes you wonder if this is an oversight that iD need to get to grips with.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @simoncbevans,

From my experience, it seems to be a handset software issue whereby it doesn't recognise the change and we don't have any control over it unfortunately!

Ryan

I’m having a similar issue. Any text I attempt to send is showing ‘not delivered’, how ever the recipient receives the message multiple times. How can I fix this? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sorry to hear this, @Cliodhnac. Does this happen when texting any and all numbers? Could you please try resetting your network settings? If you let me know the make and model of your phone, I can run you through this.

Thank you,

Rory

How do you reset network sett

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Thewolf, it depends on the make and model of your handset. 

If it’s an iPhone, go to Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Android devices vary, but you should be looking for something along the lines of Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings.

Bear in mind, this will also wipe any Wi-Fi passwords, so you’ll need to set these networks up again.

Thank you,

Rory

This is so annoying! I’m having the same issues as above - only one bar on 4G and any texts to non-iPhone users are telling me undelivered but receiver gets them three times. Looks like this happens all the time with this provider (looking back on this thread alone which is a year old!) I don’t want this service if this is the standard. I’ve had this new phone only two days and its service is diabolical. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Try the following for us @Mama73 and see if this works:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Mohammed

I have same issue except message is delivered 3 times but says not delivered. I followed instructions above. The new/ported number is showing in settings but original number in iMessage with no way of correcting this 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ClarySageDoll , if you follow the following instructions, you can change the original number in the iMessage section to your new number, which should resolve the issue:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Tap My Number.
  4. Use the delete button to remove the old number
  5. Enter the new number.
  6. Tap Save.
  7. Restart the iPhone.

This should put things right for you.

Will

Try the following for us @Mama73 and see if this works:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Mohammed

My main issue is that my recipient seems to be able to receive my messages but my messages were labelled as “not delivered”. 

I have tried turning off my iMessage but the problem stills persist. 

As per step 4, I entered my current number as instructed but I can’t delete another number which is labelled (iMessage and Facetime number). When I am at step 6, my current number does not appear under iMessage but is present in Settings → Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes and & App store → Name, Phone Numbers, Email → Contactable at. 

Please advise. 

Why iD Mobile?