Question

Text Messages showing 'not delivered'.

Userlevel 1
Text Messages showing 'not delivered' are being delivered because I am receiving replies. How will I know if a message has not been delivered if this keeps happening?

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi I started using ID yesterday and all worked ok until I ported my number across and since then each time I send a text it says failed and yet when I ask the recipient if it has gone through it has but why is it saying message failed. I am using an iPhone 6 plus

Hello @CarolDHill,

Due to the similarity of the issues, I've merged your topic here to help provide support quicker.

I know that you have mentioned you just joined iD and ported your number across to us, is this the same situation for you @IvorH or have you been with us a while and suddenly started receiving this error?

Can both of you try the following and let me know?1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi. I had the same problem and followed Mohammed's instructions. I had ported my number but when I checked under settings it was the number I'd been issued by ID. Once I had changed that, it worked. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Try the following for us @Mama73 and see if this works:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Mohammed

Text Messages showing 'not delivered' are being delivered because I am receiving replies. How will I know if a message has not been delivered if this keeps happening?

I’ve had this problem for the past 2 weeks I’ve now solved it go into settings and scroll down to phone click on phone then scroll down to my number click on that and change it to the number that you are using that will solve the problem it’s now letting me send messages without them failing 

I’ve had this problem for the past 2 weeks I’ve now solved it. If you go into settings and scroll down to phone click on phone then scroll down to my number click on that and change it to the number that you’ve transferred over from your old provider, then try sending a message again this solution will solve the problem it’s now letting me send messages without them failing this is because I transferred my number over when I went with a new provider but it didn’t update the number hence why it kept saying not delivered but I’ve just changed it to the number I transferred over and now it’s sending my messages through with no problems, hope this was helpful.

I think the issue is to do with having a previous mobile number still in your phone settings. You would think that plugging in a new sim card would update your phone’s number. But it doesn’t.

So as @Mohammed  @shirleynield said, if you go to your settings > phone > My Number check that number is your current number.

When I updated this it solved all my problems. No duplicate messages. No messages saying “undelivered” when they were actually delivered. I actually tested this out with someone who was in the same room as me.

IT’S THE NUMBER SETTING IN YOUR IPHONE.

My mothers phone is failing to send  texts and recieve them. Her data is working and shes able to call, just struggling with texts. The phone doesn't need an update, I've restarted it, turned airplane mode on and off, she has signal, unlimited texts on her contract etc is there anything else we can try? 

It's a Samsunggalaxy A20e phone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Shonamarkey,

We did have some network issues relating to the sending and receiving of text messages on Saturday, but these have since been fixed. Are you still having the same issue, or is it resolved now?

Will

Try the following for us @Mama73 and see if this works:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Mohammed

This method RESOLVED the issue. Thanks

This is so annoying! I’m having the same issues as above - only one bar on 4G and any texts to non-iPhone users are telling me undelivered but receiver gets them three times. Looks like this happens all the time with this provider (looking back on this thread alone which is a year old!) I don’t want this service if this is the standard. I’ve had this new phone only two days and its service is diabolical. 

I have same issue except message is delivered 3 times but says not delivered. I followed instructions above. The new/ported number is showing in settings but original number in iMessage with no way of correcting this 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ClarySageDoll , if you follow the following instructions, you can change the original number in the iMessage section to your new number, which should resolve the issue:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Tap My Number.
  4. Use the delete button to remove the old number
  5. Enter the new number.
  6. Tap Save.
  7. Restart the iPhone.

This should put things right for you.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @kkentw1993,

Have you tried to reset the network settings? This will refresh the network connection to hopefully fix any issues causing this problem.

You can do this by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Ryan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @kkentw1993 

With your iPhone settings.  I think there should be an area in which you can turn off iMessage and FaceTime.

If you do that first, then I believe you should then be able to edit the number.

Could you give that a go and let us know if that sorts it for you?

Thanks

I have had the same problem with an iPhone 8 and porting my old number. By default, iMessage retains the number originally supplied on the SIM card iD sent. Changing it as advised by Mohammad above solved it. I don't remember having had this problem last time I changed my SIM. Makes you wonder if this is an oversight that iD need to get to grips with.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @simoncbevans,

From my experience, it seems to be a handset software issue whereby it doesn't recognise the change and we don't have any control over it unfortunately!

Ryan
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @IvorH,

If this is an iPhone (I'm guessing by the topic being created in the iOS section) it's an issue with iMessage

Have you tried turning off iMessage?

Is this a recent issue or happened since the start of your connection with us?

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Yep, this is my issue

Hello @Brunster, Have you tried checking that the number in the settings has updated?

See:

Can both of you try the following and let me know?1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”

Hi my issue was not with I message as this is always disabled. Sometimes my texts go through and sometimes they don’t but when they do go through I still get error message saying message failed to deliver!! My number is showing as my ported number now and they have gone through so far today. However the signal is only at one bar or even no signal at all and therefore not able to use my phone all the time!!!

@CarolDHill you can ignore the above steps as you've confirmed that you do not have iMessage active.
You did make mention of a Port now being completed, so are you still getting the same error messages when sending texts? Or has this now gone and you've got a new issue which is poor coverage?

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @CarolDHill,

It would seem this is now down to a new separate issue relating to coverage.

Have you tried checking your coverage using our Coverage Checker?

EDIT: Looking into this a little further, I can see that we are currently dealing with this via Social Media. We would recommend keeping all contact there so we can work to resolve your issue as we're unable to access your account from this platform and can only provide limited information.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi, when I send messages to friends that don’t have iPhones I get text message back saying not delivered, sometimes they do receive it and sometimes they don’t which is very annoying 😩
any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

Hello @Suze,

There seems to be a few topics relating to the same issue so I've moved your post here.

Have you tried checking the number in iMessage?

The the above and see if this works for you.

Have you recently ported your number into our network?

Mohammed
I’ve been having the same issue, switching off iMessage has not made a difference 😔
Yep, this is my issue
Hi I started using ID yesterday and all worked ok until I ported my number across and since then each time I send a text it says failed and yet when I ask the recipient if it has gone through it has but why is it saying message failed. I am using an iPhone 6 plus
Hi my issue was not with I message as this is always disabled. Sometimes my texts go through and sometimes they don’t but when they do go through I still get error message saying message failed to deliver!! My number is showing as my ported number now and they have gone through so far today. However the signal is only at one bar or even no signal at all and therefore not able to use my phone all the time!!!

Why iD Mobile?