Solved

Text not working with WiFi calling

• 5 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Just moved to ID mobile  as I live in a mobile NotSpot and my previous network did not offer Wifi calling, particularly irritating  as I have missed numerous banking & medical text’s

Wifi calling is working fine on my phone however I'm still having problems receiving text’s in a reasonable time e.g. I had extreme difficulty in setting up my.IDmobile because the security pin sent by text took 12 hours to arrive on my phone.

I have looked on the Get Your Settings page for my phone and checked the settings are os they should be and  all looks well with one exception- the contact detail for iMessage  shows the original number supplied with the SIM (although it is greyed out) - I did have IDmobile change the  SIM card  phone number to my original number using a PAC code - as far as I am aware iMessages (although NOT part of Wifi calling) is still working OK.

My phone is an iPhone SE first generation currently running iOS 13.7

This problem is slightly difficult to test as most of my regular contacts run iPhones with iMessages, FaceTime and the likes. It only when I get important Hospital texts or banking One Time Passcodes  that I become aware there remains a problem with texts via mobile networks.

Can anyone advise if there is anything I should look at changing to get timely SMS using Wifi calling please?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 October 2020, 16:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Do you get SMS in time? Use family members mobile and send text messages to your number. Do you get that message on time.

If you send message to other, will it delivers on time.

Sorry Petershaha80 I dont understand what you are asking, as I said SMS messages are taking hours to arrive, when i try sending a text i eventually get a warning ‘message failed to send’.  I can send and recive imessages almost instantly  from/to others via iMessages (Apple devices) using the web but unable to communicate with non iPhone users.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

When you send message via iMessage to apple device. It use WiFi or data networks. And to other mobile, it need SMS service.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Knot,

Please can you try to follow these steps to see if it helps with your non-iPhone SMS messages?

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, that solved the problem.

I could not find this suggestion on the Apple forum, all advice suggested turning off and on iMessages (which was not the problem) your advice  to check Settings>Phone>My number and change if necessary was spot on.

Why iD Mobile?