Solved

Unable to make calls - Apple update 12.1

• 21 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,

My iphone SE is unable to make calls. It is saying "an update is required to use cellular data on this iphone".

The error started 2 days ago, before I updated to IOS 12.1, i have now updated to IOS 12.1 but it is still saying the message above and "no service" (I can connect to WiFI).

Spoke to Apple and they think it is an issue with my carrier. I have tried all ways of fixing it (reset network settings, removing and replacing SIM etc) but no luck.

Any help please? I cant currently use my 4G allowance which is very frustrating.

Thanks

Richard
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 22 November 2018, 13:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @rikuconnor,

It's the first I've heard of the issue Richard.

According to Apple's support page you can try the -> following
Userlevel 1
Try resetting network settings in settings general about and then at the bottom reset. Note you will lose all saved Wi-fi networks
Badge +10
Best thing to do is use iTunes to back up your mobile... and then do a FULL factory reset of the mobile
Thats right clear everything so when it reboots you have to enter language etc...

Then re connect to iTunes and restore from the previous back up.
This will put back all your data and settings!
You will be promoted to update the mobile before you can restore as the back up will be from a newer build - this is good as it should now resolve any network issues.
I should add that the phone had been working fine before this.

Why iD Mobile?