Question

Unable to send MMS

Similarly to many others on here I can't send MMS either from my Iphone. I have a 7 running IOS 12 and have reset the network, turned off Imessage, deleted the legacy Vodafone profile, checked I have enough credit limit available and still can't send a MMS.

Did anyone ever get this issue resolved via ID?

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @gollum237

Did you try the steps from this topic here ?

I am hoping that manually setting your APN settings for MMS would fix that issue.

Kind Regards
Hi Hikari,

That post is for Android and i'm on IOS.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
I am pretty sure that you can create new APN on Iphone as well, it will be hidden in different place in settings but all fields required to setup new APN manually are the same.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi gollum237,

It's possible that the APN settings are hidden on your phone preventing you from making changes manually.

Did you reset the network settings after removing the Vodafone profile?

Can you receive MMS ok?

Are you able to connect the phone to iTunes to see if any update to the carrier settings is provided?

Phil
Hi Phil,

Yes I reset the network settings and there is no update available. I'm up to date on IoS 12.3.1. It's frustrating that I can't access the APN and that ID can't resend them directly to the phone. Given this limitation, and had I know before, I wouldn't have used an ID sim. At least I know the vodafone mms worked!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @gollum237,

Do you have access to a computer with iTunes installed onto it? Sometimes when an iPhone is connected up to iTunes, it detects a carrier settings update which can help with the network settings installed in the phone.

Ryan
Hi Ryan. I tried that too and there is no update available. Also, my wife is on virgin mobile and they don’t support mms according to their blurb so it made me wonder if that’s the case here.
Ill wait out this contract and then move carriers to a provider that does. This is actually taking up more time than it should and ID have been very very disappointing with this tbh.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @gollum237,

We do support the MMS feature on our network, however we're thinking that this issue is device related. You could try the SIM card in another device make/model to verify that the service is working, but ultimately, the MMS feature may not work with your current device given what has already been tried, which we can only apologise for.

If you like, you can back up your device and try a full factory reset but there are no guarantees that this will help.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Having the same problem. No MMS messaging on iPhone 8 Plus ios12. Going round in circles. There must be someone at iD Mobile who can fix this for its customers.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @alitux,

We're sorry to see this. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps detailed above already?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?