Solved

Unlock iD Mobile iPhone 6s

• 18 January 2019
  • 6 replies

My contract has finished and I have requested my iPhone 6s be unlocked but I have not heard anything back?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 23 January 2019, 13:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @JIME
There is anything to worry about. Unlocking an iPhone typically takes 2 to 5 working days if you requested an unlock today then you should get an email very soon.

Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @JIME,

You are usually sent a text message to confirm the unlock, however the unlock can take around 72 hours to complete. Is everything sorted now then?

Ryan
Hi no I haven’t received a text msg yet, I completed the form last Wednesday?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @JIME,

We don't have an online form for unlocking phones, you may have stumbled across the form that was used for iD Mobile Ireland, and this is not monitored by us.

To unlock your phone, you should get in touch with our Live Chat team here so we can process the request for you.

You can also check out this post for further information on how to unlock your phone.

Ryan
I’ve tried to contact the chat team every day this week and thurs / fro last week and it always says busy no advisors available. Is there another way?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JIME,

The next quickest way would be to contact us by phone to have the request processed there and then, and the number can be found on the same link above. Failing that, send us an email and we'll submit it as soon as possible. Please include your iD Community username, your full name, full address, date of birth and the IMEI number of the phone.

Thanks,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?