Solved

Unlock phone by network provider

Userlevel 1
Son got a ID sim took out of his old phone and put in a iPhone 5. Error coming up when switching phone on saying need to unlock sim by network provider?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 August 2018, 14:52

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Mat,

Can you send a screenshot of the message you're getting?
It sounds like the phone may be locked to a different network provider.

Have you tried contacting the previous network provider this iPhone 5 was used in?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thanks. I will contact them 👍🏻

I’m having the same issue. Replaced my sim onto a new iPhone 6s, but my old phone is locked with this sim. Is there any way that I can unlock my old sim to any other network provider. 
Would be great if you get back to me ASAP! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@07428571045 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards

Aklima

How do you unlock a phone?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @gjcleland, the only iD Mobile phones that will be locked are iPhone models manufactured before 2018. All other models should be unlocked already. Have you tried using a different network SIM in the phone?

Thank you,

Rory

I brought phone which is locked on id network.how to unblock.try contact with I'd for a week's.no call service...need help .as traveling to different country's need phone...

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Natalybri, if someone has sold you the handset already locked to iD Mobile, you’ll need to ask that they contact us to have the lock removed.

Also, all of our handsets have a region lock on them, so only work with UK  network SIM cards.

Will

Hi.pleas unlock my samsung s8 SM-

G950F IMI.359042085808227 s.nr.RF8JB2G927V all sim network.work only O2.but my Lebara(vadafone)not work. Sim network pin blocked.enter sim network puk...

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Artjoms 

Did you purchase the Samsung S8 through iD Mobile? As all mobiles we sell are unlocked to all UK networks.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Artjoms 

Did you purchase the Samsung S8 through iD Mobile? As all mobiles we sell are unlocked to all UK networks.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?