Question

unlocking iphone 6

• 9 March 2021
  • 5 replies

hi ive brought an iphone from ebay not knowing it was locked to ID mobile, I already have a contract sim to put in it with another provider. can you please unlock my phone i dont have any details other than first name of person who sold it; however i can provide receipt of purchase.. I can provide all the details of the phone if required 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mitch_sol 

The person to who the phone was originally sold will need to contact us regarding the unlocking of the phone. Are you able to contact the seller for them to contact us so we can unlock the phone?

-Mohsin

I have attempted to but not getting back to me.. also if I was to buy a iD sim only would that work ok in the phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mitch_sol,

If the phone is locked to an iD SIM then buying an iD SIM will work in the device no problem.

You can always get it unlocked in the future after some use with the SIM in the phone.

Mohammed

Brilliant so if I took out a sim only for 12months I can unlock it after a few months?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mitch_sol,

You can get the handset unlocked sure (providing there’s no overdue balance on that account).

Just note, a 12-month contract does mean a minimum term of 12-months though.

Just thought I’d mention that’s all!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?