Solved

unlocking iphone 7 during covid19

• 27 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I need to unlock my phone as I need as I need to lend my phone to someone in isolation so they can have contact with us. How can I do this if all the phone services are unavailable?

icon

Best answer by Gregor 28 March 2020, 00:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Yeah, I have tried it with another sim. I will try their fb page. What a great idea, thank you x

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Larajulia 

Did you buy this phone through iD Mobile? If yes then your iPhone should be already unlocked. If you purchased it on a contract with different network then you could send them an email to ask for unlock procedure. Alternatively you can order unlock procedure online and it can be done remotely, for example this website is the one that I use -> Link here. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 1

Thanks Gregor, unfortunately it states on their website that all ID mobiles are locked but they are free to unlock, I just want to know how to do this during this time. I don’t want to pay for something that’s already free. Thank you though for your response. Xx

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Larajulia 

Are you able to test it with another sim just to make sure if your phone is locked? To my knowledge iD Mobile does not lock their phones since May 2016 (I might be wrong on the date but I have not seen locked iPhone on iD Mobile for a while now).

In case if your phone is locked you could contact iD Mobile directly using their facebook page. Just send them private message here and they will be able to process it for you remotely. It usually takes between 3 - 5 days for the handset to be unlocked.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?