Solved

Upgraded phone beginning of year and it never worked

• 28 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I upgraded my iPhone at the beginning of the year and after 2 days it stopped working. I couldn’t take it to Carphone Warehouse as I cannot leave my very sick husband as he gets upset it I’m not there. It would have taken me 2 hours to go to Carphone Warehouse and back and he would be so upset. I put the phone away having rung iD and being told to go to Carphone Warehouse and have been using my old iPhone SE from about 3 years ago. I would like a new phone but I’m still ion contract. What can I do? Please help as we rely on my phone.

icon

Best answer by Will 30 September 2020, 17:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @jeanie46,

It sounds as though you need to get that phone assessed. I understand that you’ve advised not wanting to leave your husband for 2 hours, however to move forward with this, we’re going to need to see the handset and understand what’s gone wrong.

Will

Userlevel 1

I rang ID as soon as it stopped working and they just told me to go to Carphone Warehouse despite me telling them that I couldn’t go.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @jeanie46, indeed, it’s Carphone Warehouse who’d be assessing the device for any issues. When you say it stopped working, do you mean the device literally won’t power on? Or do you mean you’re having problem getting a signal? Is the phone in a working, responsive state? If you give me as much detail as you possibly can, it may be something we can help fix remotely.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

It won’t come on at all

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Okay @jeanie46, and presumably the phone has been charged? Does anything happen you plug it into the socket?

Could you also try this for me? Press and hold both the Lock and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. If/when you see the Apple logo appear, let go of the buttons.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

I tried to charge it but nothing happened and I’ve tried what you suggest but nothing happens.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Okay @jeanie46, in that case it sounds like it’s totally goosed and it’s not something we’ll be able to fix remotely from our office up here in sunny Preston. Unfortunately, that does mean popping into your nearest Carphone Warehouse store so that a member of staff can take a look at it, and potentially send it off for repair. Sorry we can’t offer an alternative course of action here.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?