Question

Why is my old number showing up when I send a text or make a call?

• 25 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I have ported my number from an old iPhone, but it does not appear to have worked properly. Some calls and messages are still going out on the number that came with the phone before I ported the number.

This is causing great distress and loss of business. And there is nobody to talk to about it to get it sorted. I would have thought that a mobile operator would be able to have staff available to work from home!?!

Really starting to regret my decision.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @AndyGiz, sorry to hear about the issues you’re facing since porting your number over.  Is your new phone also an iPhone? If so, can you please go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from..."?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory

Thanks for your reply

It's not another iPhone it's a huawei. Any help is much appreciated

Andy

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @AndyGiz,

How long ago did the port happen? All services can take up to 48 hours to fully work. 

Another thing just to try, due to iPhones using iMessage, even though you moved to a Huawei phone, you possibly need to de-register your number on Apples iMessage service. Leaving it active can cause some issues down the line. Here is the link to try this.

Please let us know how it goes.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?