Solved

Wi-fi calling iPhone se not working

• 29 December 2018
  • 5 replies

I had Wi-fi call for ages it’s worked fine but now no longer working I’m fully updated I don’t know why I have no Wi-fi call available please help
icon

Best answer by daniiiiiv 29 December 2018, 20:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi @Zarinadel

Have you gone into Settings -> Mobile Data -> WiFi Calling and checked to see if WiFi calling is enabled?

Have you also checked to see if there's any issues with the WiFi you're connected to? Does it work on any other WiFi connections?

There might even be an issue with the iOS settings. Accepting the newest carrier settings might do the trick.
You can check your current carrier settings by going into Settings -> General -> About. On the list should be "Carrier" and to the right within the field should display iD 31.1 or higher.

Regards

Dan
Hi dan
I checked all of those things and everything is in order but I still do not have Wi-fi call? I’m not quite sure why and I live in an area with no signal so wifi Calling is quite important to me
Badge +10
@Zarinadel may want to try turning wifi off waiting a few minutes and then turn it back on... [not the wifi-calling feature] on the iphone you want to do this from settings not the widget menu.

I always seem to have issues like this with wifi-calling, this neat trick kick starts the service again, it's a mobile wifi issue, seems to go to sleep or something odd! Airplane mode is neat for kicking the services back to life occasionally too.
Thanks so much for your help it still isn’t working but I’m sure that’ll help lots of other people. Think I might just change provider
Badge +10
@Zarinadel as dan has already mentioned:
There might even be an issue with Accepting the newest carrier settings. They have changed recently you may update your software via settings /about/update and accept the new carrier settings.

another way is the head over to idmobile main website goto help and advice and click on settings from there you can get the new carrier settings sent. Live chat can always help and send them to you also

Why iD Mobile?