Question

Calls keep going to my ID Sim card despite moving to o2

Userlevel 1

A few weeks ago I transferred my number from ID (using PAC code) to o2, all fine apart from when anyone on the ID/Three network calls or sends me a txt it still goes to my old SIM card (I have this in a spare phone).

When I call from my ID SIM it comes up with a different number to the one I transferred to o2 as expected.

I have raised this with ID support but no surprise nothing has been done to fix it (I’ve waited a week), I may as well talk to the wall for all the help they have been.

Any ideas how to get this fixed?

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Rob K,

We are sorry to hear about this problem. Have you spoken to O2 about this issue? It sounds as though the port hasn’t been 100% successful and as such, they will need to raise this issue with their back office/technical team due to them being the receiving network of your phone number.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

possibly but any other network is fine, only when ID/Three numbers call…. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

That will be the result of a split port @Rob K. Speak to O2 and request they escalate your complaint to the relevant department.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Rob K,

This may be due to moving from our network so as @WelshPaul suggests, a porting issue. I’m sure O2 will be able to support you further with this problem. 🙂

Ryan

Userlevel 1

So I’ve had a long chat with o2, they checked their side and said all is ok and the PAC went through fine.

They say it’s ID that has the issue… which I suspected they’d say, so now I’m stuck between ID and o2 with a phone number that’s not working correctly.

When I requested my PAC code from ID my ID contract was changed to a Pay as You Go (I didn’t ask for this but though it could be useful to have a back up for data), maybe this is causing the issue?
Would it be a good idea to completely close my account and cancel my new ID number (the one I was given once my old no had moved to o2), could that force a fix?

How do I get this fixed??

Userlevel 1

also, when I open my ID App it still shows my number at the top, this number is the one that was moved to o2 weeks ago…. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You will have access to your old ID account for up to six months after leaving. This allows customers to view their final bill as well as previous bills. If your number was ported over to O2 successfully then your ID Mobile account is closed and your ID Mobile SIM will be inactive.

It’s worth noting here that no customer service agent is able to confirm a split port simply by looking at your online account information. They do not have access to the required systems and O2 need to raise the issue with the relevant team.

Userlevel 1

ok, my ID Mobile account isn’t closed and the SIM still works and receives incoming calls and txt’s from the number that I have ported to o2!

o2 did check with their back office tech team and they said their end is 100% ok and there’s nothing more they can do and to go back to ID for more help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

ok, my ID Mobile account isn’t closed and the SIM still works and receives incoming calls and txt’s from the number that I have ported to o2!

Yes I know, you clearly stated in your original post what the problem is…

If the ID Mobile sim still works and you can call out, receive call calls or texts then the port wasn’t completed successfully. This is whats known as a split port! Only O2 can raise the issue with the relevant team and get it resolved. It doesn’t matter how loud you shout here, how hard you stamp your feet here, only the gaining network has the ability to raise a request and get this resolved for you.

I recommend that you post in the O2 community and provide a link back to this community post. Hopefully a member of the O2 team who knows how to do their job will read it and offer you some assistance. Good Luck! 🤞 

Userlevel 1

I did mention ‘Split Port’ but they said it’s not Split and all ok….. I’ll try the o2 community.
thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I did mention ‘Split Port’ but they said it’s not Split and all ok….. I’ll try the o2 community.
thanks

I understand your frustration but it is. The port has only partially completed!

When you port a number away your old account and any SIM card assigned to that account is terminated and a final bill is generated (final bill only if a pay monthly customer).

To break it down, you have two issues as a result of porting out to O2:

1. Your ID Mobile account and SIM were not closed/terminated after porting away.
  2. Any inbound calls to the ported number (now on O2) from the THREE network and any MVNO that uses the THREE network still go to the old ID Mobile SIM.

If ID Mobile accessed the old account and simply terminate it their end, any calls and texts still going to the ID Mobile SIM will not then go to your O2 SIM card as a result of them terminating the ID Mobile account/SIM card. If anything, it would make things worse for you!

Userlevel 1

Here’s the o2 community thread: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Transferred-from-ID-Three-to-o2-but-some-calls-and-messages-go/m-p/1475390#M232044

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Rob K,

I would advise you to persist with their support channel and ask for the problem to be escalated. With O2 being the receiving network, they are in full control of the port once they process the PAC code.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?